Monday, March 1, 2010

Recruiting Haiku

Education
What a fucking waste of time
I am still stupid

Full disclosure: I did not write this. The origins of this particular haiku have been traced back to the (now defunct) Shoreland Dormitory of the University of Chicago in the early 2000s but the actual author has not been identified. However, it is clearly too amazing not to be shared. Plus since I've had this posted on my fridge for the past seven or eight years, I feel a legitimate sense of ownership.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome poem. Kind of like Yeats, but shorter.

    Have you seen this haiku? It's by the Greatful Dead:

    "Sometimes the lights all shining on me
    Other times I can barely see
    Lately it occurs to me
    What a long strange trip it's been”

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Possession is nine points of the law."

    ReplyDelete