Wednesday, March 31, 2010

B-school Celebrity Sighting

I was enjoying an usually beautiful spring day in NYC after wrapping up an interview. I decided to reward myself for a job well done by grabbing a coffee and relaxing on one of the benches outside the building. I sat down and contemplated life’s big questions. For instance, what in the world was I going to wear later that night? I started to mentally sort through the contents of my suitcase and I had narrowed the selection down to two dresses when it happened. A very familiar looking man was walking across the courtyard, and with a quick thrill, I realized who it was: the CEO of the company! I recognized him from the annual report.

Did I go up to him, introduce myself, and get a job offer on the spot? Of course not. I mean, what would I say? Besides, he was walking really quickly – there was no way that I was going to catch him hampered as I was by my heels.

An event of this magnitude demanded to be shared immediately so I grabbed my phone and called my mom. “You’ll never believe what just happened!” I exuded as I relayed the story of my celebrity sighting. As it turned out, she did believe it.

Key takeaway: Expect the unexpected. Wait no, that was the motto of my senior class in high school. Wear shoes that you can hustle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment