Sunday, March 7, 2010

Admirals Club!

I was recently at a housewarming party and one of the characters in attendance was a newly-minted consultant (I'm talking started-work-that-week new). The novelty of consulting was still very much intact for him. Bursting with excitement, my friend regaled the entire party with tales of his consulting exploits. My favorite excerpt from the evening:

“Yeah, my flight on Thursday was delayed so I just hung out in the Admiral’s Club for a couple of hours. Honestly, I don’t know how I ever traveled without it." [He says this with a straight face and then pauses, suddenly looking aghast as he recalls his years of Admiral-free flight.] Recovering quickly, he then yells out "ADMIRALS CLUB!!!"

For the record, my solidly unemployed self had racked up twice as many air miles as he had over the course of that week. Count it: ORD-LGA, EWR-ORD, ORD-LGA, LGA-ORD. Admirals Club indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment