Saturday, April 9, 2011

Go 'way, bating!

I was getting off the train the other day, minding my own sweet business, and then I looked up and – BAM! ALLIGATOR!!

Ok, I didn’t actually cross paths with an alligator. But I did run into an ex co-worker. Usually this sort of event is a pleasant surprise, but no such luck. I greeted him and asked how things were going, and he proceeded to ignore my greeting and ask me inane questions about the stock market. Not at all disturbed by my silence, he launched right into a monologue on the economy. It was sort of uncomfortable because he was intellectually masturbating in front of me… but he appeared unable to finish the job.

To shut him up, I made some random comment about the impending government shutdown. Then I excused myself – “I’m actually heading this way” – and made a quick turn down the street. Was I actually going the opposite direction? Yes. But in my book, a couple of extra blocks to avoid public intellectual masturbation is totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. BAM! ALLIGATOR! Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck? I go to read your blog and this is the title of the first post I see?

    ReplyDelete