Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Most Obnoxious Recruiter Catchphrase of 2010

I would like to present the first annual Tales of an MBA Nothing award for the Most Obnoxious Recruiter Catchphrase of 2010. And the winner is... drumroll please... PEDIGREE. If one more recruiter had told me that I had an "impressive pedigree" this year, then that person would have gotten an impressive kick in the ass.

Breaking news: dogs have pedigrees, and people earn degrees. The two are not interchangeable. Unlike a pedigree, which one is born with, a degree requires effort. In order to get my MBA, I had to study countless HBS cases, complete about 1,000 different group projects, take a bunch of "open note" tests, and put in some significant hours on the pong table. Recruiters, please recognize our hard work as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment