Monday, February 15, 2010

Beggars CAN Be Choosers

So this thing just happened. I have been recruiting for marketing roles for approximately 442 days and counting, and I had a phone interview with a well known market research firm last week. Apparently the call went well because I was invited out for an onsite interview. And I politely turned it down.

Crazy person did what?

Yes, I turned down the opportunity to interview for an actual job. The position was based in Middle of Nowhere, USA and the thought of living there for even just a year was the most depressing thought ever. Apparently I'm flexible in terms of geography as long as the job is within commuting distance of San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Boston, or another major city.

Key takeaway: No matter how frustrating the job search may get, don't interview just for the sake of interviewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment