Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

28 years old. Unemployed. Single. Living with my parents. Six figures in student loan debt. Let’s just say that this isn’t exactly how I envisioned life after business school.

Flashback to August 2007: I quit a good job (well ok, a job that paid well) and enrolled in one of the top MBA programs in the world. I was welcomed to campus with a free T-shirt courtesy of Lehman Brothers. The world was my oyster!

How the world has changed since I first enrolled in business school. At my June 2009 graduation, approximately 30% of my class was still looking for work, a record high. The career office’s helpful advice? Work for free. (I could see my Ivy League education paying off already.)

Recruiting today is an uphill battle. This is the story of my employment journey...

1 comment:

  1. "How'd our fairytale just end up this way?"

    ReplyDelete